Ir al contenido principal

Paz Errazuriz


Paz Errazuriz




Today I will write and introduce to my favorite photographer: Paz Errazuriz. Paz has been my favorite photographer for many years, I have had visual and reflexive obsessions with her work.
She is considered one of the most outstanding photographers in Chile, she is National Visual Arts Prize. Her work has a special commitment to black and white portraiture, in which she explores various social issues, emphasizing the crudest worlds and trades of Chilean society.
Her latest book is in collaboration with the writer and biologist Jorge Díaz, and it seeks to broaden the discussions from a perspective embodied in blindness, seeks to address blindness as both a metaphor that has occupied art and literature for centuries, as well as a reality that is lived by thousands of people. What I like about Paz is that it captures images that are realistic and at the same time loaded with poetry. Among her best-known series are: The fight against the angel (1987) dedicated to the world of boxing, The apple of Adam (1990) whose theme is the living conditions of transvestites and quick-change chileans, The infarction of the soul (1992-1994 ) composed of images of couples formed in the psychiatric hospital of Putaendo and Los Nómades del Mar (1991-1995) dedicated to the last living representatives of the Kawésqar ethnic group.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

A Family Member

Hi! Although my family is small, it was difficult for me to choose a family member to talk about. Today I will talk about my cousin Juana Libertad Moreno, with her 8 years old she is the youngest in the family. Juanita lives in San Carlos (Ñuble) with her mother, grandmother, and my mother, and their three little dogs: Loba, Chica and Snoopy. She dedicates herself to going to school and being at home playing in the toy room, watching series on Netflix and helping our grandmother. What Juanita enjoys most is reading stories, watching movies and series, drawing and painting many colorful pictures with her hands, and what she least likes to do is go to school, although her favorite subjects are arts and physical education. I like to share with her, because her personality is too intense to be a child, she is very witty and has a great vocabulary to be as young as 8 years old. Whenever I visit her in San Carlos, we play a lot of board games, our favorite is Trivial Pursuit, and while it...

Family Meal

Hello! Today I will tell you about a family meal that I remember very fondly. This meal was two years ago in Chillan at the home of a family friend, we were a great group. We met my family and another great family of friends, they all lived in exile in Hungary, it was a way to rediscover and remember those times. We celebrated that after several years without seeing each other, we were the grandmothers, the parents, the children and grandchildren. There was an enormous amount of food. They cooked an exquisite Goulash, a typical Hungarian food that has many hours of cooking in a garn olla, is a stew of meat, potato, carrot, onion ... and of course, paprika! (pimenton). We also drank Pálinka, the hot water typical of Hungary, very strong and with a cherry flavour. Everything was very delicious and transported them to their past!  It was really fun and emotional, in the afternoon we had fun playing in the pool and in the  night , after lunch, we got together to talk about our li...

I love draw

 Hello everyone!! How difficult it is to talk about goals and challenges, because I believe that life is a constant learning and we always face different obstacles. However, I would like to talk about a great challenge that I faced when I was younger. At the age of 16 I decided to raise money to travel the world, and since I always liked art and for me it was a great hobby painting and drawing, I decided to dedicate myself to this and collect money. I remember my first job to replicate figures of the human body, bones and muscles, for a medical student who was supposed to present an anatomy work. It was very challenging for me to deal with this because I never took a special drawing course and because I wanted to do a professional job to collect money, for that I decided to specialize and perfect the work. As I a very perfectionist, I decided to search for painting books and watch video tutorials that would help me practice and let go of the hand. Finally, after a while of practi...